Nurse Aide I Registration, Required Documents, Mandatory Orientation
Read the registration requirement carefully for detailed information.
- The prospective student must be 16½ years of age on the first day of semester.
- Apply online using admission tab at McDowell Technical Community College
Documentation required to register:
- Present a valid, non-expired, U.S. Government-issued, signature-bearing, picture identification
- Present a valid, non-laminated, signature-bearing Social Security Card, matching their picture identification
- Meet the RISE eligibility requirements; Official High School transcript.
- Schedule required eligibility verification meeting with the Program Coordinator, Sarah Jornigan (828.652.0639) or any Health Sciences Department faculty by calling the Department Administrative Assistant at (828) 652-0646
Required Immunizations and Documents:
- Tuberculous (TB) Screening (Current through the end of the semester)
- Hepatitis B Immunizations*
- Flu shot (more detail given in orientation)
*Forms are provided for the following required information
- Medical Health History
- Essential Functions and Allergies
- Confidentiality Statement
- Code of Ethics
- Contact Information
- Audio, Video and Photography Release
- Attestation Not to Come Sick (COVID documentation)
- Clinical and Lab Statement of Understanding/Consent (COVID documentation)
Students must have access to
- Computer (computers, internet and printer are available in the Academic Resource Center for student use)
- Personal phone with current minutes, activated mailbox to receive messages
*MTCC students may use the Academic Resource Center for computer and internet access
Some of the Apps Used in the Program
- go.mcdowelltech email
- Google Docs
- Open Learning Management System
Nurse Aide Training Orientation
- During orientation the program coordinator, reviews the program handbook, required documentation, required immunizations and requirements to successfully complete the program.
- Orientation is an opportunity for registered students ask questions about the program and the requirements.
- For orientation details for the Nurse Aide I, Nurse Aide I Refresher and Nurse Aide II – Review the current Nurse Aide Brochure for date, time and place. Orientation usually last 1 ½ – 2 hours.
Nurse Aide Orientation – Mandatory
- Attendance at Program Orientation is required for all registered students.
- Parents are invited to join their students at the session.
- Please bring the following:
- Class Packet from MTCC bookstore
- Highlighter, pen and paper to take notes
- Any required documents and immunizations results that you have not turned into the program coordinator or your academic advisor